At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations
At Medtronic we conduct business in a safe and environmentally sustainable manner that promotes the health of our employees, customers, community and the Environment. As the Principal EHS Specialist we expect you to demonstrate your initiative, innovativeness and the use of your skills and talents as appropriate to lead EHS across the site.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Interacts with Regulators on EHS aspects and on permit requirements.
- Co-ordinate and perform EHS internal and external Audits, co-ordinating the timely completion of findings & actions.
- Monitor Environmental pollution prevention activities, compliance and auditing efforts.
- Perform area, process and chemical risk assessments, identify opportunities for improvement and define controls in conjunction with operations, engineering and quality.
- Lead EHS improvement projects from concept to implementation and develop risk mitigation strategies for site risk profile.
- Perform incident investigations, root cause analysis. Ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken where environmental, health, and safety hazards exist.
- Track the site’s EHS performances and KPIs, report them in timely manner using EHS tools and Corporate Reporting System.
- Provide EHS guidance to key manufacturing, Quality and R&D functions with regard to EHS aspects on design, manufacturability and sustainable development.
- Promote a culture of EHS excellence and provides high-quality EHS technical knowledge
- Conduct studies and prepares environmental impact reports for new construction projects, plant processes and permit changes.
- Influence the setting of strategic EHS targets and objectives and lead the implementation of strategies to timely achieve them.
- Lead continuous improvement on safety on site by providing/promoting employee awareness/training on matters of environmental, health, and safety.
- Act as RSPP in accordance to D.Lgs 81/2008.